While it’s the most wonderful time of the year for many, it’s the busiest season for plumbers! The holidays typically mean family get-togethers, parties, and other events where many people gather into one house with an incredibly low toilet to person ratio. This can mean very bad things, but we hope that you make it through the holidays without any major plumbing issues. If not, below are tips on how to stay ahead of the crowds and maintain proper plumbing fixtures that are not to be taken for granted!
How To Prepare Your Plumbing For The Holidays
Black Friday, or as plumbers call it, Brown Friday, is actually the busiest day for plumbers. The number one reason is because of kitchen sink and garbage disposal clogs, but toilet clogs and leaks of all kinds also come up. While Black Friday has quickly come and gone, the holiday season has just begun and there are ways you can prevent plumbing problems from ruining a jolly good time.
Things to avoid:
- Trying to force food down the sink or the garbage disposal. If you notice something is wrong or backing up, call us.
- Don’t flush strange things down the toilet either. That’s the second highest reason why plumbers are called during the Holidays. Cotton balls, cotton swabs, makeup remover sheets, and hair aren’t dissolvable and shouldn’t be flushed down the toilet.
- Don’t dispose of fats or cooking oils in the sink (or toilet for that matter).
Things to do:
- If you’re hosting people overnight, have them wait 15 minutes between showers to ensure that the water has time to completely drain.
- Since hair isn’t dissolvable, be sure to place strainers over drains to minimize hair that gets through the drain.
- Run the dishwasher late in the evening to allow the hot water to replenish for showers the next day.
- Keep a plunger nearby!
What To Do When You Have Plumbing Problems
Time to call in the experts. It can be tempting to try to do it yourself, but plumbing problems can quickly become costly and our plumbers are certified to fix all your plumbing problems.
While we have only been in business for 5 years, we are proud to say that we have 75+ years of collective experience! There is no call we won’t answer or job we can’t do. We have over a 99% success rate! Will you be hosting a holiday party at the office? We do commercial plumbing as well.
Don’t hesitate to request service to stay ahead of the holiday rush. It’s important to maintain your plumbing by following the above tips, especially when company is in town. Follow us on Facebook for more tips and the occasional plumbing pun.