Interested in joining our plumbing team?
St. Matthews Plumbing is now looking for great people to work with us! Work with our team and you’ll experience a place that takes care of its team members and has reputation of its’ employees loving their job.
We know that, in the long run, it’s good character and a good work ethic that will maintain (and increase) the health and strength of our company. Our objective is to hire people who we can trust to do the right thing and do their work well no matter what.
What are we looking for in our job applicants?
- First and foremost, we are looking for character. Attributes such as integrity and honesty; dependability and faithfulness to one’s word; an ability to take directives from a superior, ability to follow instructions and to receive correction; humility to admit when you have made a mistake and to do what is necessary to amend it; teamwork and cooperation; the ability to get along with people, even under pressure.
- Secondly, we look for skill and competence with an aptitude to learn new things. We have different team members with different skill levels. But as a company, we are always striving for the next level of quality. That means that every employee must be geared for continual personal development and improvement.
What are the next steps after you inquire about a job?
- We will follow up with you if you submit an inquiry (see the bottom of the page). If your interests and experience fit our needs, we will set up a phone interview with you.
- From full-time plumbing positions, we may offer you a 30 day work trial.
- For Apprenticeships, we do not offer a work trial. For this, our last step will be to invite you for an in-person meeting with a possible job offer.
- Other aspects of our interviewing and hiring process include background checks, reference checks, driving records (for all field employees), and a drug-screening.
What do we offer our employees?
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Good compensation and time-off with pay
- A challenging but friendly work environment in which we treat one another with respect while we strive together for excellence
- A company that is fiscally stable, has a history of careful financial management, and is poised for continued long term growth
- Interaction with incredible customers
- Reasonable hours
- A culture of family values
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
We believe in doing what’s right for our customers and our employees. Our team is made up of the very best. Do you think you may be a good fit? If so, click below to see specific jobs and submit a form to express your interest.